Laurie is your local Personal Trainer in Kalamunda.
Laurie is a mature Personal Trainer with over 15 years of experience. She has developed programs for individuals, small groups and delivers the Move to Learn Program to both children and adults.
Contact number: 0421 280 509
Laurie obtained qualifications in fitness in Canada during the 1980’s and worked with the elderly, people with a disability and facilitated group strength training classes for all ages. In 2009, Laurie retrained for her Certification in Personal Training in Australia and has continued to build upon her skill portfolio. Laurie enjoys motivating people of all ages and levels of fitness.
Laurie has taken a number of specialised courses – including Functional Ageing and Exercise, Mat Pilates, Core Foundations, TRX suspension training, Myofascial lines, Kettlebell, and other training courses including the Move to Learn Program, 10 GEMS for the Brain, a neurologically based movement program designed for children with learning difficulties. The movements also assist the older population by helping to stimulate the brain, keep you cognitively sharp, and improve coordination, concentration, control and sensory processing that allows you to maintain confidence and independence.
Physical development is key in establishing a strong foundation for learning, life & sport at any age. Laurie offers Personal Training and small group training for all ages and looks forward to helping you build a lifelong love of physical activity.
Laurie believes that by building on physical skills in a tailored functional program to meet your needs and level of fitness will benefit you in many ways such as:
- Gain muscle strength & bone density.
- Assist joint mobility & stability of joints.
- Improved balance, co-ordination and confidence.
- Help to reduce blood pressure and increased metabolism.
- Ability to stay cognitively sharp and focused.
Laurie and the WA Move to Learn team, are available to assist you in a number of ways:
- Coaching and information session for parents and teachers to learn 10 GEMS for the Brain.
- Coaching for children one on one and in a group setting, boosting your child’s physical skills, posture, balance, eye/hand coordination, fine/gross motor skills, confidence, social skills, and helping to build on physical activity.
- School holiday programs that incorporate the 10 GEMS for the Brain movements with fundamental movement skills fitness and non-competitive exercise in a fun environment.
Move to Learn Coaches can be contacted on:
Laurie and Elise 0421 280 509 E: email@example.com